Monday, June 2, 2008

The Zaxbys Chronicles

Today was my first day at Zaxbys and I was a nervous wreck!

Ireally didn't want to mess up and embarrass myself in front of everybody.

The manager Harold told me to follow this girl Christy (Kaitlyn's aunt..who knew?) around and she would kind of show me how to do things. She was super nice, but I still felt awkward and like I was in the way all the time.

My official job is 'front of the house' which pretty much means I do everything in the front. (shocker right?) Since I have yet to be taught the art of taking orders, I did everthing else, I filled guest's cups with ice for their drinks, I brought food from the kitchen window to the counter and buzzed people. (You know the buzzy pager things they have there to let you know your food is ready? I did that.) I had to check tables which pretty much means I have to walk around the dining room and wipe off the tables that people had eaten at that had crumbs and stuff. I had to collect dirty trays and zalad bowls from the return places, Ihad to carry the zalad bowls to the back and wipe off all the trays and give them back to the cooks, and I had to sweep the dining room.

And apparently, I look really different in my uniform, because I saw a few people that I know from school, and they didn't recognize me. (or they were just too embarrassed to admit knowing me :P) Like Josh Walker. He is pretty good friends with Geoffrey, and I'm pretty sure that when he first saw me, he didn't recognize me.
Also, Alison Chester, who I don't know really well, but she was in band and she played the bass clarinet so she sat like 3 seats away from me throughout concert season, and I'm almost positive that she didn't recognize me.

HMM..... mysterious.

All in all, I pretty much enjoyed my first day. The people there were all nice.
I work again on Wednesday....

1 comment:

BLITZKRIEG! said...

I am SOO coming to see you when I leave school today!