Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Zaxby's Chronicles II

Krieger, I'm sorry to disapoint you, but they usually let me off work around two, if we're slow.

So if you really want to harass (correctly pronounced HAR-ess) me at work, you will have to wait till Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday, because I am working all those days. Yip. Ee.

Ok, so today, my second day ever!, they taught me how to actually take customers orders.
I'm not good at it.

I always forget to assign their orders a coaster. Which of course is badbadbad. The coasters are the little buzzy-your-food-is-ready thing, and when I forget to give one to the customers, we don't know whose food goes to who(m?) and it causes unneeded chaos. (BTW, just decided that chaos is one of my favorite words. It looks like 'chous', but it's kay-oss)

Today I saw one person I knew: Tyler Sosbee. He nodded at me, so aparently he recognized me.

OH! And a customer called me a smartass while I was taking his order. It wasn't like he was mad at me and calling me names, he thought he was being funny.
He was like "It's my first time eating here. Is the *insert menu item here* good?"
And I said "It's my second day working here, so I'm not sure."
And he goes "HA-HAA! Smartass."

I WASN'T TRYING TO BE A SMARTASS, I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW!!!!
I hate people. Because after that, he and his friend (who looked a lot like a really scrawny version of Heath Mayfield) kept making my job harder. Like, the guy who was with the guy that called me a smartass asked for Ranch dipping sauce, so I got some for him, but then he comes back a minute later, and was all "I wanted Zax sauce. You gave me Ranch". Then I was all "I'm so sorry." Then I got him a Zax sauce, but I swear he said Ranch. I'm positive.

Oh, and if you would like to know what I messed up on today:
1) the whole caoster thing
2) when I was sanitizing the trays, the sanitizing squirt bottle came apart mid-spritz. I was left with the nozzle in my had, as the bottle, full of liquid, fell to the floor.
3) I tripped over a pile of dishes that was waiting to be cleaned in the back. Soaked my pants up to the knee. Bobby, one of the cooks, told me it was a trap. I believe him.
4) I pushed the wrong button on the order thingy... quite a few times.

All in all... Great day. :-)

Krieg, hope to see you at Zaxby's on Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday. Can't wait to hear about Hawaii.

p.s. this is my twentieth blog ever. hooray for me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather!!! Zaxby's sounds lovely! I need help! I just got this blog and I have no idea how to do ANYTHING!! It's harder than I thought it would be.

Becca said...

ha ha. that sounds like fun. lol. hey my mom is thinking about working there so now u can work with my mom. lol

Emily Fox said...

AHHHH ilove it you suck at your job and thats awsome and you should have thrown ice on those guys i would have.