Monday, June 30, 2008

Release

I went to Coach West's wake last night, and I can't believe how much I cried.

I felt like such a tard, because very few other people were upset. When I first got there, before we even got into that funeral home, I was starting to tear up.

When we got inside, all I could think of was how the funeral home smelled like my orthodontist's office.

Finally, we were inside the room where he was, and with his family. His entire family was really nice, and as we talked to his mom, and siblings, and step-dad, they reminded us of all the things we loved about him. Of course by this point, the waterworks are just going. I can barely see, and my nose is runny (ick).

His brother asked me how I knew him, and I told him that I was a student. He asked how long I had him, and I said just one year.

"Well, it looks like he made an impact on you." he said.

After Geoff and I spoke to all his family members, I went to say hi to Kaitlyn, who was a few people behind us in line. I gave her a hug, and that's when I completely let loose. I didn't who was looking at me, I just sobbed in a way that very few people have seen from me.



But after I was so upset, when we were walking back to Geoff's car, I felt so lightened.
Whenever I heard the phrase 'It gave me closure' or something like that, I was always like, "What the heck does that mean?" But now I get it. I feel like now I can still be happy, even without our beloved Co We. I feel released.

And I don't care if you think this is really sappy. I know it is. You can just bite me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i understand...like i didnt cry at all until you hugged me...but after that i felt better...kinda

Kayla said...

aww Heather... I know exactly how you feel. and It was sappy but good...