Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Frustration, Aggravation, and Procrastination

Frustrated and Aggravated at my mom!

She just won't listen to me. She signs me up for all kinds of things I don't want to do. I mentioned in my last blog that I have to work at a Relay for Life thing AFTER I work at my real job, and WHILE my friends (that I haven't seen since school let out and who I miss very much) go out and have fun, without me of course because I will be at the Relay for Life thing that my mother dearest signed me up for without even asking me about it.

Ok, to be completely honest, the whole my friends going out and having fun thing isn't set int stone, in fact half of the people involved don't even know about it. Kayla and I just talked aobut getting together and doing something because Sarabeth and Emma will be back from Crestridge on Friday. But it doesn't matter, because I can't go anyway. When I asked my mom about how long I'd have to stay at the thing (hoping I could meet my friends somewhere AFTER), she told me 5:30 until MIDNIGHT!!!

WHAT!?!?!?

And then she was like, "Why can't you just do what you've committed to already?"
And I was like "IT'S YOUR COMMITMENT!"
And she says "I asked you if you would do it"
"After you already signed me up! So I didn't really have a choice!"

And she tells me that she hadn't already signed me up when she asked.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!
She lied to me. When she told me about the relay for life thing, she led me to believe that she had already written my name in stone and that I had to do it.

There is nothing I hate more than manipulative people, and how manipulative can you get.

And That's not the only thing.
Every year she signs me up for something. I'm not going to say what it is, because it is incredibly embarrassing, and she knokws I HATE IT!! Like, not in a 'this is annoying and I'm to old for this' way; I hate it so much, that I can't describe it in words. I'm not being dramatic. I'm so serious.

Anyway, she kept signing me up, every year. I've been too old for this since I was in the 4th grade, but she re-registers me every year. I've tried to explain it to her, and this year I thought I'd finally gotten it through to her that I'M NOT DOING IT ANYMORE!!! But I found out today that she signed me up anyway. It makes me so angry that I'm literally crying right now, but she just won't THATCHING LISTEN TO ME.

THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!

Anyway.... Procrastination.

I really need to work on my summer reading project. I don't think it's ever taken me this long to finish a book, but I never get a chance to read. I get like 5 to 10 minute snippets throughout the day to read, and I never get enough time to really get into the book.

I try to read before I go to bed, but I fall asleep.
So I hate the feeling of an assignment breathing down my neck.


(Krieg, this is really the only way I can respond to your question about summer reading. Your blog stopped letting me read it. It says I'm not 'invited'.... So can you (re?)invite me?)

2 comments:

Emily Fox said...

CHILL

Becca said...

its a really good book. but i havent started the vocab or paper yet