Saturday, June 26, 2010

My left eye is bloodshot

I need to stop writing my entries right before bed, because I never feel like writing anything.
Well, tonight I'm totally awake, but I NEEED to get some sleep because I have to be at work at 9 in the morning. And I'm working until closing... by myself.

It's going to be a very long day.
9am-tentatively 11:20, with a 2 hour break fro 2 till 4.
but that's still over 1o hours (which is also like 70 bucks).

OMG I can't wait until Wednesday. It's my next day off.

well today I did a double with Stephanie, which is great! And we went and got lunch together during our break.
I love getting to work with my best friend. :) :)

And then Geoff and I went to the late showing of Toy Story 3. It was verrry cute.
We both cried. (mmhmmm. my brother cried. hahaha.)

And now I'm home. I soo hope I can fall asleep quickly tonight.
Tomorrow would be absolutely DREADFUL if I can't get some sleepy-bye.

I wish there was more to say. This blog has become more of an account of my days at work then of my life or a place to write how i feel or any of that BS.

I'm always in a hurry or exhausted when i write, and I apologize.

OH! I'm taking 10 days off work in the middle of July, which I'm pretty pumped about.
the 1st 5 days I'm going to Asheville with my parents and Geoff for Fiat Freakout, and the next 5 days, I'm flying to Florida BY MYSELF (!!! AGH never done that before) to stay with my aunt.

And my cousin is in a band that is supposed to be REALLY good. theyve been called "the raddest band in Florida" by a music video director. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to them yet, but I'm sure it's some form of punk, and I'm sure it's gonna be fun music. anyway the point of that is, that he said I could go to one of their shows while I'm down there (but that was before the dates were set, so I'm not sure if they have one scheduled for while I'm there). but yea, that would be SOOO COOL.
I'd feel very hip. which I am not, usually :P

OMG! Kaitlyn had her baby yesterday. She's a few months premature, so she's being taken to Gainesville (it's cool having the inside track at the hospital: my mo is a nurse).
I got the text fro Kaitlyn ("She's here. 4 pounds 13 ounces") while sitting in my car at relay for life hoping for the rain to stop.
I asked about Amber's (the baby's) health, because I knew she wasn't due until August and then, you know, told Kaitlyn some canned "new baby" stuff (I can't wait to meet her... etc).
I have TOTALLY mixed feelings about it though.
Kaitlyn was my absolute BEST friend in 4th grade. In fact, I can't really remember WHEN we grew apart, we did.
I don't even know if I can express how close we were. I guess it's like most BFFs... I mean, she was at my house when she had her first period...
Now she has a baby... I guess, if she's happy, I'm happy for her, and I'm sure the baby is adorable and will be happy... but I guess I never expected Kaitlyn to get pregnant at 16.
I expected more from her; she's smart.

I'm worried for her future... although I'm EXREMELY proud of her for deciding to stay in school. but what about college? How would that work? I don't want Kaitlyn to be a waitress at the Cookie Jar forever, and she could have had more... is she going to stay there? She needs a steady paycheck coming in now.

I guess I'm disappointed in her.
that sounds soo harsh. I mean, who am I to be disappointed? We haven't been close friends for YEARS.
but... what happens now I guess is what worries me.


(wow. who knew I'd be going THERE with this blog entry?)

No comments: