Thursday, March 27, 2008

AWW John Williams

Today in band we played a piece of music called "A Young Person's Guide to John Williams", which of course sounds awful, but John Williams is my favorite composer, bar none.

For anybody who doesn't know, John Williams wrote the music for Star Wars, E.T., Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc, Hook, Jurassic Park, and a bunch of other stuff.

Well the piece of music we played today was a compilation from 4 of the movies he did. the songs were "Hook Theme", "Hedwig's Theme" (from Harry Potter), "E.T.", and "Raiders March" (from Indy 1). Unfortunately, we only had time to play two of the songs today. We played Hedwig and the Raiders song. The Hedwig one was ok, I love when I recognize the songs we play, and that one I knew, but OMG! I am a huuugggeeee Indy fan, and I couldn't help smiling and giggling when I heard the "Raiders March". (duh duh-DUH duhhh. duh duh-duh...)

So yeah, apparently very simple things amuse me, but that is just such a happy song, and I couldn't help feeling happy.


Anyway, I hope this blog will be less controversial than previous blogs *ahem*.
If anybody decides to comment this telling me that John Williams is not the best composer ever, and that I am wrong, I just might snap and rip their hair out.

:) SPREAD THE LOVE!

1 comment:

Dakota Floyd said...

Yay John WIlliams, boo crappy sounding band.

That is all.