Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Zealand?

I think maybe I should go. haha. Not really. But I did just have a crazy dream about it.

Ok, so my dream didn't actually start in New Zealand. I don't really know where we were. Emma and I were on vacation. I think we were supposed to be in Hilton Head, but that was definitely NOT her condo. We were in this GORGEOUS beach house, that I think I once saw on an episode of House Hunters International, and it was built around a tree.

Ok, so the tree ALSO had a lab in the basement, because I think Emma was, like, a scientist, but I don't know, because I wasn't allowed in the basement... I mean lab.
So Emma was working in the lab, and I was hanging out reading a magazine, and watching TV, and this really cute guy came in. His name was Ethan, and he was from Aruba. It turns out that his parents and Emma's parents were friends, and he had known Emma since they were kids. I was like, "Oh, well Emma is in the lab if you want to talk to her."

So Ethan went in the basement to talk to Emma, and I don't know if I ever asked her, but I knew that Emma didn't like him, but she wouldn't let me talk to him, either, and I was really jealous.

Anyway, Ethan invited us to spend the summer with his family in New Zealand, which is really weird, because he was from Aruba.
So we spent the whole summer with his really big family, and it was awesome. His grandfather was an aborigine, kind of.... He had a bunch of younger brothers and sisters, and they were so much fun, and a lot of my dream consisted of me chasing a toddler around their front yard so that I could give him a bath. (????)

Ok, so near the end of my dream, Emma and I had to come home, and we were at the airport, and I was super depressed because I missed everyone, but then we turned around, and Ethan and his entire family moved to America. Yay! Then I woke up.

So... I Googled dream interpretations (I don't really believe this stuff, but I was curious), and there was one website with a dream dictionary and this is what I got:

+Travel- To dream that you are traveling, represents the path toward your life goals. It also parallels your daily routine and the way you progress. If your travels come to an end, then it symbolizes successful completion of your goals.

+Children- To see children in your dream, signify an aspect of yourself and your childlike qualities. You may be retreating back to a childlike state where you are longing for the past and the chance to satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurtured. Take some time off and cater to the inner child within. Alternatively, the dream may be highlighting you innocence, purity, simplicity, and carefree attitude

+Aborigine- To see an Aborigine in your dream, represents both your untamed, natural self and your innocent side. You need to be more in touch with your natural intuition and forces. It also suggests that you are being overindulgent or overly emotional. You may be harming yourself and jeopardizing your well-being due to your unrestraint.

+Jealousy- To dream that you are jealous of another person, signifies that such feelings may be carried over from your waking life This dream may reveal you unconscious feelings of jealousy toward that particular person. Alternatively, it represents your vulnerability and your fear of intimacy. You need to work on self-love and acknowledging your self-worth.

Foood for thought... yum.

hahaha.

1 comment:

Joe Murphy said...

wow. that was like the most detailed dream ever.