Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So Much To Say...

Wow, okay, so much has happened.



First of all, Spring Break was a lot of fun. I spent a week in Florida, in the sun, wearing shorts, and my legs are still completely colorless. Pale pale pale.

So if anybody remembers the blog "Oh how the mind wanders when one puts away dishes" or whatever it was called, my friend who was featured in that blog has doen it again.

Apparently, over Spring Break, he found some powerful painkillers, and took them, and then he got a... personal piercing.

So of course, this caused a small argument.

Emma and I were talking about it, and she said something along the lines of "It's his life, and he has to deal with it"
And I was like, "He is our friend, we can't let him do that to himself. Maybe we should pay someone to knock some sense into him"
And she said, "If you did something like that he would resent you for it"
And then I said, " He would eventually figure out it was for his own good."
"Maybe in , like, 30 years or something"
"Well, I'd rather him figure it out in 30 years so we can be friends again, than have him doing drugs and then dying of an overdose in 30 years!"

Yeah, so then at the soccer game, Ian Servis and I were talking about it, and he said:
"Why do people do drugs? If you want to get 'out of this world' or whatever, then read a freaking book!"

I thought that was really funny.

So today I was talking to my mom about it, and she said that she couldn't believe he took that many pills and lived to tell the tale, and my brother said essentially the same thing. And that really scared me.

So I thought about how in that other post, I wrote "he was completely there for me" and I'm thinking, how 'there for me' can he be if he is stoned all the time?
And worse than that: How can he be there for me if he dies(grr. Arrive Alive got me thinking aobut death)? Two people have already told me that dying was a possibility.

So, being the emotional wreck that I am, I started crying (heehee Hannah).
But now I really want him to read this like OMIGOSH, WHY DON'T YOU SEE HOW THIS IS AFFECTING YOUR FRIENDS!!!! LET ALONE, YOURSELF!!!

But we have been friends since 5th grade. If something happened to him because of his 'habits', I would feel like it's my fault because there is nothing I can do about it. I feel so helpless.

Well, now that I am thoroughly upset, I guess it is time to do my English homework.

No comments: