Thursday, December 18, 2008

I just got my license(!)

Which is great!

No I can go places with my friends!
Wait... no I can't. Joshua's Law.

But I can go to the game tonight!
Wait.... Daddy won't let me.

I can drive myself to school!
Wait... No, I'm going to Emily's tomorrow, so I'll be going to school with Geoff and home with her.

So... What can I do?
-I can drive to and from school on days that Geoff has to work after school.
-I can drive myself to Kayla's birthday party on Saturday... If my parents let me
-I can drive to work on Sunday.

Woo-hooo.... my life sucks.

I WANT TO DO SOMETHING!!

Everybody is always like "Being able to drive is FREEDOM!", And all that crap.
Well, I guess that's true... but only if you kill your parents.

Grrr. Seriously, right now, I'm no more free than Joe, who doesn't even have is Learner's Permit yet.

When I got home, my dad is like "So where are you going to go?"
And I said , "The basketball game."
"When?"
"Tonight."
"Oh, NO YOU'RE NOT!"
"It's only in Murphy."
"OH NO YOU ARE NOT!!!!!"

Great. He tells me I can drive to my grandma's house, if I want to.
Woopie. I've driven there a bazillion times without one of them with me. She lives 3/10s of a mile away.

Groan.

1 comment:

Joe Murphy said...

Gee Heather, thanks a bunch for the shout out.