Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Concert

I just got home, and it was pretty good.

I think we played really well, and I had fun.

That was the first time we heard the music with the percussion parts too, and it was SOO COOL!

I love percussion.

We played:
Jingle Bells Forever- This song is like Stars and Stripes Forever and Jingle Bells had a drunken one night stand. This ugly baby is the result.

Carol of the Bells- This song is very cool. It was the hardest one we played, and I love the way all the parts work together.

Polar Express- This had the Overture, Believe, Hot Chocolate (awesome), something else, and Spirit of the Season. They were all fun/really pretty.

Nutcracker- this had 4 songs from the Nutcracker inculding the Arabian Coffee song and the Russian Trepak Dance, and ahhh it was my favorite piece of music.

Hallelujah Chorus- From Handel's The Messiah. When Mr. Rittenhouse was announcing this song, he told the audience it was from a HUGE piece called The Messiah, which has a Christmas section and an Easter section. And I turned to Emily and said "So you can play it for three months straight". She was like, "Wow, REALLY huge." haha.

A Christmas Festival- This was a medley of lots of Christmas songs, and it was cool It had an awesome ending, which is why Mr.Rittenhouse picked it for our finale.


Don't you wish you had gone? YES.

No comments: