Friday, May 2, 2008

Peter Pan and Billy Madison got it Right

Peter Pan was definitely right on not wanting to grow up
(and living on an awesome island and flying around and being all-around B.A.), but mainly on the not growing up thing.

And the scene in Billy Madison after he has started high school, and he goes back to visit his 3rd grade friends, and the cute little fat boy goes " Wow. I can't wait till I get to hi-gh school, Billy"
and Billy grabs his face and all intensely says "Don't you say that. Don't you ever say that. Stay here. Stay where your safe. Stay as long as you can. For God's sakes, cherish it!"

Besides being really funny, I wish I had had that advice. High School sucks!!(euphemism for 'sucks cock'. haha. I learn so much in English)

Everybody grew up so fast. I miss days where your biggest problem is that you didn't win the race to swings when you got let out for recess.
Now I'm dealing with sex, and drugs, and drama, and how you aren't considered a good person if you like the same person as your friend.

HONESTLY! I can't believe what is happening to a certain friend of mine. I don't want to say names because I don't want to stir things up, but teenage girls are awful!

I heard once that the worst part of being a teenager is other teenagers. AMEN to that!

But trying to make out your friend to be a bad person because they like a guy that you supposedly liked first (even though you have a boyfriend) is one of the meanest and most manipulative things I have ever heard.

Have you seen the movie Mean Girls? I know who the Regina George of the 9th grade is.

2 comments:

BLITZKRIEG! said...

It's amazing how we all separate ourselves into groups according to age, interests, lifestyles, etc. The point I'm getting at is that even though you and Bri are much younger than me and probably think your blog commentary is solely understood on your level, I totally get what you're both saying. Your comments totally transcend generational gaps. I can totally relate because adults are just as stupid as teens, and sometimes even more stupid. Thanks for the awesome comments... :)

Angela said...

So, I'm assuming this is Nelson, my flute freshie. Thanks for the congrats on STAR student. I just got around to reading my comments.

I'm all for a little separation. It means I don't have to sit in Tech Prep English or eat with people who still think bodily functions are a funny thing to do at the lunch table. I just don't let the separation keep me completely ostracized from others when I don't want to be.
Also, I had two friends who liked the same guy and it ended up ruining their friendship. Truthfully, they didn't need to be friends anyway if that was something that could come between them. On the other hand, though, I've liked plenty of the same guys as a lot of my friends and it didn't change a thing between us. What can I say? My good taste rubbed off on them. lol.

later heather