Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Semester!

Ok, so as anybody who has read my last blog knows, I was super excited for the new semester.

I was totally right. This semester is gonna rock!

1st block: Espanol with Sra. Pestana (Wallace?) no. Pestana. She seems really nice, and the class doesn't look like it will be very hard. Casey Phillips is my unofficial, but still pretty official partner in that class. Whenever we have to team up to speak Spanish, she's my partner. Oh, and we all have to pick Spanish names and there is no Spanish form of Heather (unless I wanted to make my name Heatherita, which I don't think counts.), I picked Guadalupe. Because it's fun to say. But only if you over-accent the Lu part. Like GuadaLOOpe!

2nd block: Physical Science with Mrs. Colwell. I'm going to start calling this class PhySci, just to see if it will catch on. I don't think it will. Anyway, we have 3 workbooks in her class. There is an EOCT prep workbook, a Science Notebook that goes along with our textbook, and one other workbook that we have to keep in our binders. I had to buy a 3-inch binder for this class. She seems like she is going to be extremely METICULOUS about how things will be done. She gave us a 4-page-long syllabus. wow. I have Hannah and Ashley Swanson, and Kacie, and JeffKidd in this class, so it should be pretty fun, I guess.

3rd block: Honors English!!! I was looking forward to this class more than any other. I love English, and this class never seems long enough. Whenever we get into a really interesting discussion, the bell rings. I kind of wish we didn't have lunch during this block, because it, like, interrupts whatever we are doing/talking about. I think I kind of had a rocky start, but everything is going to be fine. I need to get stuff together for my Create-a-Text assignment. I already have somewhat of an idea of what I want to do, but I need MORE! I wish I could just decide what I want as my background, and start building from there. I want to incorporate as many of the senses as I can, but I don't know HOW. I have a few pictures that I really want to include, and a couple ideas of STUFF, and when I went shopping with Stephanie, we got some stuff in the scrapbooking section of WalMart to use. I really think I will like this class. There is a great sense of community. Everyone in there is kind of in the same groups (except Vincent, I fell bad for him, but I guess he has Jacob from soccer at least), and its a small class. Everybody in there gets along, and is pretty much friends.

4th block: Band. Easy. Exactly what I was expecting. Band is just band. Execpt now we are in the same class as percussion, which makes everything that much more interesting. The drumline is sooo friggin cool! I love them.

Umm I guess that's it.
Those are all my classes, and this semester is going to be waay more challenging than the last. I NEVER did homework last semester. I mean, not ONCE. I'm going to have homework EVERY night now.

Plus, I can now GO places. I have my license, and a car, and my daddy isn't being as super-strict as he was before. He let me drive to Walmart with Stephanie, and to the basketball game last night, even though he doesn't like me driving in the dark or the rain. I'm glad he's finally loosening his iron death-grip on me. I'm not going to do anything stupid, and I've never given him a reason not to trust me. I don't drink or do drugs, and I'm waiting till marriage to have sex, so he doesn't have to worry about ME doing anything dumb. If he is worried about somebody ELSE doing something dumb (i.e. rape me. like that's going to happen), he should just buy me some Pepper Spray. Which I told him to do.

So, yup. Things are looking up.

2 comments:

Becca said...

everyone says mrs colwell is a bad teacher but i can honestly say i have never learned more in any science class. she explains things really well, and she can be alot of fun if u have a good class

Joe Murphy said...

ahhhhh heather i envy you soo much. i wish i had english 2nd semester with all you guys! i guess we're all gonna have it together next year because of the freakin AB schedule